The Empty Gift Box.

The story goes that some time ago, a man punished his 3-year-old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the child tried to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.

Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said, “This is for you, Daddy.”

He was embarrassed by his earlier overreaction, but his anger flared again when he found the box was empty.

He yelled at her, “Don’t you know that when you give someone a present, there’s supposed to be something inside it?”

The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said, “Oh, Daddy, it is not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for you, Daddy.”

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged for her forgiveness.

It is told that the man kept that gold box by his bed for years and whenever he was discouraged, he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense, each of us as humans have been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, friends, family or God.

There is no more precious possession anyone could hold.

Like this story? Would you like a friend or two to read it? Well, then hit the LIKE button below and it will automatically share it with your FaceBook friends. Or, go straight to them by using our Tell a Friend form below. Just add their emails and we’ll take care of the rest for you!

17 Responses to The Empty Gift Box.

1. Esther says:

This story is one over time on this site that moved me to tears. It tells of the awesome love we has parents receive from our kids and by extension as from God as children of God. Love does not have to be express by physical gift or item! The love that comes from the heart are most often not seen but felt.
    Thank you for making my day!

2. Malou Santos says:

This is one immeasurable love of an innocent child to a parent that no amount of material things could ever match. A love so strong can be shown in the most simple way and yet affect the receiver in the most complex way. Love indeed knows no bounds.

3. Chedklina says:

This beautiful story of “The Empty Gift Box” is an eye opener for all parents—
    that material thing is nothing without love. There is nothing so profound and true than the love of an innocent child. Let us all fill our hearts and homes
    with love for one another day in and day out .

4. Philipo says:

The daddy was blind initially and could not see the love filled golden box initially,yet the little innocent child full of love to the daddy with tears revealed to the father the love kisses in the box for him.Parent need humility,patience and concern in dealing with their own children and that of others.Parent,please allow Christ into your heart to inspire you love,care,be patient and kind to your children and everybody as you desire to do.

5. it was very touching & inspiring .

6. doreen says:

The love of an inocent child, confound the wise dad.
    Her love was pure and full of kindness.
    It is a terrible thing when we cannot communicate properly with our children, this love when gone, it cannot be replaced by anything, even when the child grows up.
    Parents, love your children as Christ loves us.
    This story is wonderful.

7. krish adlakha says:

If only we could take lesson from this story of unconditional love of our children,the life would be so beautiful and full of bliss

8. Rose says:

I am a nanny and have my own children. This story made me cry. a child’s love is the most pure and innocent love I have seen among humans. They love you for who you are. They don’t even ask for something in return. They think of the most wonderful way to show their love to you. Half of my life has been invested with children and still am. This is God’s calling for me. I am grateful.

9. Rina Portillo says:

Dear Greg,

God will bless you and will give you more talent to inspire us more and more.
    Thank you for the lovely stories.

10. That story makes me cry and tears in my heart.Kids its a kift from God you will never let it down. Thank you for the biutifull story.

11. Thank you very much Greg for this heart warming story, and by this we all learn how immense a innocent childs love could be.

12. Rick says:

Maybe some people get caught-up in the role of being “the parent”;Always thinking they must teach a lesson.But why would God send you His most precious gift?-a child from His own hand.Could it be God’s intent that we continue to grow in Him, through the Love of Children? May God bless us all.

13. Cookie B says:

Just what I needed to read tonight as I spent most of my day testing (5 hours) and left knowing that I did not do very well and will have to retake each of the three tests again. I am feeling ‘stupid’ totally inadequate and incompentent and then I read this beautiful message … I needed one of those unconditional kisses from my Heavenly Father … and the reminder of His constant love. Also, that even though I’m pretty sure I did poorly today, He was there with me helping with what I got right. He loves me anyway all the time. Thanks for the reminder.

14. James says:

I have learned a truth from this story.Even a 3 year girl could sense the love of the father in its fullness.Of course my daughters who are really in need of fathers love.This story opend my eyes more.God spoke to us sometimes to the stories.I appreciate your efforts to spread the quality of life in this way.May the lord bless you.

15. Bob Marshall says:

Once in a while we lose sight of what true love is since it comes in many forms.

16. Ruth Marie Dienges says:

There can be many things concerning love that catch the eye, but only a few that catch the heart, and this is one time that it ‘caught my heart’…Just beautiful!
    Thank you for sending……..

17. Bett Gold says:

You see , we can also learn from our little ones the real lessons in life…long lasting happiness does not always depend on material things…sometimes those invisible and imaginary thing truly matters, just like the air – we can’t barely see it, without its existence we cannot survive and many others.
    So next time you receive a gift…do not look for the value, it’s the thought that counts. God bless you!

Comments are closed.